OUR SERVICE OFFERING FOR STEAM BOILER CONTRACTORS AND USERS OF STEAM BOILERS
UNTIL SUCH TIME AS SUITABLE AND FINANCIALLY COMPETITIVE RENEWABLE ENERGY SOURCES FOR THE STEAM BOILER INDUSTRY HAS BEEN DEVELOPED, COAL WILL INEVITABLY REMAIN THE PRIMARY FUEL SOURCE FOR MANY USERS OF STEAM BOILERS FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE. AND WITH COAL FUEL THE CHALLENGES OF ITS USE REMAIN, AND EVEN ESCALATE, IN AREAS SUCH AS:
- Increasing cost of energy. Coal is an international commodity and as such its price closely follows international energy prices and the dollar exchange rate.
- Deteriorating coal quality. Sweet coal has largely been mined out and coal of acceptable combustion characteristics is increasingly hard to source. The design of many coal fired boilers in service today has been based on firing of higher quality coal.
- Lack of skilled and knowledgeable boiler operating, supervisory and managerial staff. A proper understanding of the nature of combustion and factors influencing its efficiency is required for world class boiler performance.
- The need for energy management information. To measure is to know. A user of a steam boiler can now use our control technology as a platform for capturing performance data and information, as well as for monitoring of boiler performance.
- Stronger emphasis on environmental impacts of boiler emissions. Elimination or suppression of stack smoke is a step in the right direction. This can be accomplished with proper combustion control and introduction of over fire air.
- Safety in the workplace. We employ 3 different technologies to protect boilers against low water level
- Boiler preservation. Our control technology protects the boiler against operator malpractices, over-firing, positive furnace pressure and more. It also tracks the fire side fouling of boiler tubes and flue gas passages.
AT LE ROUX CONSULTING WE PROVIDE USERS OF STEAM BOILERS WITH EXPERT BOILER EFFICIENCY AND CONTROL SERVICES, DEVELOPED AND PROVEN OVER MANY YEARS OF INVOLVEMENT IN THE BOILER INDUSTRY. TO COMPLEMENT THEIR BOILER OPERATIONS OUR CONSULTING TEAM OFFERS THE FOLLOWING SERVICES TO ENHANCE THE STEAM PRODUCTION COMPETENCIES OF USERS OF STEAM BOILERS:
- We carry out surveys of the efficiency of steam generation, with specific emphasis on the major sources of energy loss.
- We identify opportunities for improved boiler performance in all areas of boiler operations, including combustion control, energy recovery, coal selection and emissions control.
- Our service offering includes coal analysis and characterization. We use accredited laboratories to conduct a variety of applicable tests on a selected coal sample and advise users on its suitability for efficient steam generation and capacity rendition.
- We supply and install boiler and combustion control panels and energy balanced control systems, with specific emphasis on combustion efficiency, ease of operation, access for operators to all required performance parameters, smooth control transitions, ample alarms without nuisance interference, stack smoke reduction, display of comprehensive management information, and options for monitoring of boiler performance.
- In depth training of managerial staff in the principles and application of fuel combustion, steam coal characterization, energy loss determination and calculation and efficiency management.
Our in-house expert is on standby to attend your every requirement:
Our BOILER COMBUSTION AND EFFICIENCY Expert
Renè le Roux
B.Sc. B. Eng, Pr Eng, GCC
Boiler and Combustion Consultant
René le Roux graduated with a degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Stellenbosch. He also registered as a professional engineer and holds a Government Certificate of Competency (Factories). His experience spans a wide range of mechanical engineering disciplines, including HVAC, maintenance management and steam generation.
As founder of the BCT company he gained vast experience in the control of coal and bio fuel (wood) combustion. His main field of expertise is with combustion control applications, efficiency assessment and energy loss determination, coal characterization and combustion related training at managerial level.
Here is how you can get Started…