OUR SERVICE OFFERING FOR CONSTRUCTION PROFESSIONALS
Understanding the true status of a project in construction today is not only challenging, the lack thereof is becoming a cost burden for project developers/clients/project sponsors.
Most of our Professionals on a project are highly skilled within their particular trades and very seldom possess the necessary time, modern expertise or software resources to scrutinise and manage a contractor’s schedule.
Many contractors either:
- produce poor, below standard construction schedules or;
- very technical construction schedules on expensive software suits;
- while others make use of external planning specialists/experts;
However, the one common denominator is that these contractors own all the progress and delay information and have ample opportunity to control and manipulate the submission of information in any way they deem fit.
Contractors often exploit the team’s lack of technical expertise or progress information leading to inaccurate reporting, exaggerated claims or late realisation of project failure. In cases of poor scheduling, the whole project takes place in the “dark” as there is a lack of good information to serve as basis for good management.
The clients in most cases end up paying excessive additional delay costs due to this lack of control, expertise and a shortage of proper information.
At Le Roux Consulting we provide professional teams with their own team of project controls experts. Our teams perform the following functions for you on a project basis or for a portfolio of projects:
- We allow professional teams to focus on what they are good at while our teams set up, manage and maintain the complete project control infrastructure for your project team or organisation.
- To make sure that you get consistent, standardised programmes of high quality on your projects, we compile the contractual framework for contractors to adhere to in terms of their initial construction schedules, schedule revisions and schedule updates and present this as part of the tender documentation. Our tailored requirement has been adopted by large project institutions such as the University of the Free State as a standard project procurement clause.
- We do not sit idle on the side-line and dictate the process, we like to get our hands dirty and assist contractors through structured sessions and training to produce schedules that adhere to the good practice principles laid down by the PMI and the CIOB;
- We ensure that the contractors compile accurate information required schedules to guide the team in terms of the information and long lead time frames expected of each discipline.
- We are technical experts and no construction schedule or software suit escapes our grasp. We help you make simple sense of complex schedules and can perform forensic delay analysis and expert reports on delay claims for your team to present to your client.
- Knowing the frustration of examining vast amounts of progress paperwork and programmed activities to figure out the true status of a project, we obtain monthly or bi-weekly update information from contractors and convert it into concise, meaningful data for your team.
- Having good project controls in place allows your teams and senior stakeholders to make informed decisions in a timely manner. For this purpose, we provide high quality dashboards with brief and concise information.
- All our dashboards can be customised to your unique information requirements and we brand them with your logo so you can promote your brand whenever you present your report to external stakeholders;
- We audit progress, delays and risks from an external perspective to ensure you have an independent, expert opinion on the status of your project’s -progress, -delays and -risks at all time.
- We also specialise in construction,engineering and commercial disputes of a complex -technical, -factual and -legal nature and we have extensive experience in assisting and advising clients who enter into Adjudication or Arbitration.
Our customers include Architects, Engineering companies, Quantity Surveyors or Project Management firms.
Become an astutely informed professional with high quality dashboard information at your fingertips.
Here are some of the professional clients we’ve worked with:
What some of our professional clients are saying
We worked together with Le Roux Consulting on a large commercial development and they played a vital role in professionally assisting both client and contractor with advice on programme management and resolving complex issues in terms of progress, claims and delays.
We were privileged to be involved in numerous projects where Le Roux Consulting was appointed as programming specialists. Throughout these projects LRC demonstrated their commitment in providing excellent service, paying attention to detail and
their added value exceeds expectations.
Elre vd walt
Le Roux Consulting assisted us with a large development where they planned and tracked our progress on a bi-weekly basis. This provided us with key performance information for all our stakeholders and made the project management effort so much easier. As a company they always deliver services on a high standard and we gladly recommend them.
Here is an illustrative list of some of the types of services we provide:
Programming and Scheduling
Delay claims management and arbitration support.
Training and education
We deliver expert training solutions to your staff or project teams. Our training courses enable teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of project planning and apply it effectively within their role
Here is how you can get Started…